Monday, May 13, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ; THE TIME OF MY LIFE


Hello ! First up is a book review from my dear ex-schoolmate, also a book lover. I'm not sure if she wants herself to be known here, but thankyou so much to you ! First contributing book review, and I'm hoping for many many more to come :)
Title : The Time of My Life

Author : Cecelia Ahern
At first, this was slow. Although slow, the words manage to echo in my head all the time. Insisting that I continue reading it. I haven’t got much time to read. Always am tired and stuff. The book was in my bag the whole time, yet it is not read. Well, I did read it for a few chapters. That is why the words stuck in my head. Just time wasn’t on my side.
Well, it is Ahern’s writings. It has to be good. So one day I managed to pick it up and continue to read. The story was a about a lady that was so messed up. She was dumped, got fired and bought a studio apartment. The series of unfortunate lead from one to another. But, she was quite fine with her life. She still have a place to live, have a job that could pay the rents, have a cat. She still hang out and spend time with her friends and family, only she would prefer not to and rather be alone.
You see, after all the unfortunate events take place. She was living in a high pile of lies. Although, she was okay, her life wasn’t. Being tired of unhappiness and depression and abandonment , her life decided to contact her.  Yup, your life gets to contact you in this story. And the irony was that her life is man.
With everything that she did right, that made her happy and her life happy. Her Life state would improve. From clammy skin and bad breath, he slowly looks better and better and became quite handsome. And she feels happier and happier with her decisions.
And everything turns out fine. What Ahern wants to propose in the story was that, you should never take Life for granted. Take care of other people’s feelings, be there for them but be there as well for your Life. You may not aware that you are miserable. So, take one day and think of all the things that you are doing, are you happy? Or is your LIFE happy?
All in all, the book made me realise that I should always keep an eye on what my Life state is. And it was really good.
Ratings: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?