Sunday, May 26, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ; SIMPLE GENIUS

Title : Simple Genius
Author : David Baldacci

Well Baldacci really made this book simple. To people who regularly read my blog, you guys do know I've been reading him for some time. So this book had been quite a disappointment. He tries to jumble up a lot of things into a well working plot, but misses to emphasize things that makes his book, extraordinary. Obviously after reading this book Camp Peary will be seared forever in my mind as the CIA spy school and Porto Bello is in it's compound (weird when I googled it up, Porto Bello has little to say. Classified as it's in the camp I guess) but Baldacci forgot to stress the importance of the Beale code and Alan Turing's findings in this book, making it only a small lead in the whole investigation. I might be wrong, but the overall sense that I've been receiving in this whole book has been okay-ish. I wanted to be wow-ed, like how I read the other Baldacci's.

But reading (fiction I'm not vouching for anything) that CIA buys drugs from "people" so that these people don't sell it to public makes sense. For greater good.

Rating : 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?