Monday, April 8, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ; ABRAHAM LINCOLN VAMPIRE HUNTER

Title : Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
Author : Seth Grahame-Smith

Oh well.

Loved every second of it. Being an ardent fan of Honest Abe, how can I not be? Plus with my fascination of historical fiction, this book suits me well. See when you thread fiction with history, it seems much more solid, much more believable. Or maybe Abe Lincoln was really a vampire hunter? Ah.

The book was about President Lincoln's life. His tragedies and joys, his path to fame and success. His journals. His journeys. And his assassination. All these, laced with the fact that Civil War was the result of more than the North vs South, Union vs Confederate; it was the war to set the human race to be free. Indentured servants were the Great Emancipator's cause of his life (though accounts said he kept some slaves for his own too). Smith twists history with saying that behind all this ruckus, vampires were actually the   big factor of this war. Darkness vs light. Servitude vs equality. I must note that a lot of distinguished names were brought in, and some tarnished (obviously fiction) in the plot. Those includes Edgar Allan Poe, Jefferson Davis (he looks so much like Abe!), Ulysses S.Grant, Andrew Johnson, Martin Luther King, among others. It was good. It took me a day.

This deserves to be on the NYT bestseller's list. (I am still encumbered with rage for the Austen book)

Well, I'm biased. It's Abe.

Rating : 10/10

PS : they have photoshopped pictures too. I can't help but like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?