Wednesday, August 6, 2014

BOOK REVIEW ; ROOM

Title : Room
Author : Emma Donoghue

Heart-wrenching.

Posted my review of Frog Music (http://thebuddinglibrocubicularist.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-review-frog-music.html) while on the road, so I might not stressed enough how she writes really well.

In Frog Music, Donoghue writes an adventure thriller jam-packed with interesting characters, but Room is really something else.

And reading Room reminds me of Little Bee that I read earlier in this year.

Room lets us into the world of Ma and I, and their world that revolves in the room they live in. Never given the chance venturing out, I learns about life as he sees it; the room. Ma has to invent stuff such as exercises around the room and explanation as to why the man comes only at night. 

Until one day, I learnt a little about reality. And together they hatched a plan to run away from their world of the room, to the world which holds promise although is ridden with harsh realities. 

A police investigation turned into a hauntingly beautiful novel. Must read. 

Rating : 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?