Wednesday, December 11, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ; FIRST AMONG EQUALS

Title : First Among Equals
Author : Jeffrey Archer

My first (at least as far as I can remember) Archer novel. And it wasn't what i have expected. In a good way. 

The story revolves around 3 guys, Charles Hampton, Simon Kerslake, and Raymond Gould who had vastly different upbringings but were united in one goal, to someday become the Prime Minister of Britain. The trio had entered the political arena at roughly the same time, and has their fare share of fights. The battle was bigger between Hampton and Kerslake as they are in the same party. Love, deceit, bankruptcy, and downright skill dominated Archer's story. At the end, one became the Speaker for the house, one became the Prime Minister, and another,ah,well, the other went home disappointed. But still the Party's leader. 


This book taught me a lot of British politics, I must say. As much as I was skeptical, I liked it. A lot. Archer now on the list!

Rating :9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?