Wednesday, November 13, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ; THE THIRD SECRET

Title : The Third Secret
Author : Steve Berry

So the Church story makes a comeback. (I prolly should reflect on this and go back to what I should read, eh?) This book revolves around the apparitions of Marian, specifically in Fatima, LaSalle and Medjugorge. The apparitions and messages that they bring were mostly kept from the public for fear of the truth; total overturn of the foundations of the Catholic Church. It was up to the Pope and his cardinals to save the day or for a better idea, the institution and religion itself. 

People claim Berry is reminiscent of Brown. I agree. But I also think that they don't have to compete, but instead give historical fiction its chance to shine among other genres. (It guess it already is judging on the top 10 bestsellers if the week lists,eh?) For me, at least, it does. 

Rating : 9/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?